Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: white spowderstuff on bottom of above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

white spowderstuff on bottom of above ground pool

I have tried to vacuum, put algaecide, more shock nothing makes it go away. I have drained the pool what ever this stuff is it even made the dirt turn white. I am going to scrub the sides of the pool tomorrow but am afraid this stuff will come back, any one know what this is and what I can do to insure it does not come back. I originally had a hazy pool then white powdery stuff was at the bottom of the pool.... I really need help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: white spowderstuff on bottom of above ground pool

What are you using to test your water? Have you added anything to "kill" algae?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I take the water to a pool store they tested for me. They would only tell me I needed to shock pool I did put an algaecide but that did not do anything.

4. Back To Top    #4

Mary You and your pool have been "pool stored" . Yeah they will test your water for free..............BUT is it really free if you have to buy this or that and it does NOT work????

In my siggy you will find a link to the test kits we all have, use and love. It is VERY important that you order your own test kit so you can take control of your pool.

Without a good test kit of your own we cannot help you get your pool clear and clean. TFP is all about taking care of your own pool. It is MUCH cheaper and easier than using the pool store.

Let me know when you have ordered your test kit and we can go from there.

HUGS!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit