Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Calcium Hardness

1. Back To Top    #1

Calcium Hardness

Hi! Im new here.. Wondering if I can get help on how to raise the CH in my SWP. Currently at 160. Needs to be between 200-400.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Calcium Hardness

Welcome to the forum.

It's Calcium Chloride and is available at many, many places. (Lowes, Walmart, etc.) Google it for your area (Add your state to Grand Prairie in your sig)

Pool School will tell you more about it and PoolMAth will tell you how much you need!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by masusanna View Post
    Hi! Im new here.. Wondering if I can get help on how to raise the CH in my SWP. Currently at 160. Needs to be between 200-400.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Welcome!

If you have a vinyl pool, you don't need Calcium. It would help us help you if you filled out the signature showing what equipment you have.

What chemicals do what is in Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to figure much to use is in Pool School - PoolMath
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry, just discovered this forum and having trouble on my mobile. Its not supported on mobil and can not update my signature but will do tomorrow on a computer. Its plaster inground 20k gallon Salt water pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

It's Calcium Chloride and is available at many, many places. (Lowes, Walmart, etc.) Google it for your area (Add your state to Grand Prairie in your sig)

Pool School will tell you more about it and PoolMAth will tell you how much you need!
    Thanks for the tip. Googling that now. Leslie's pools testing indicates we need 28lb of harness plus. That seems a little expensive and was looking for alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

6. Back To Top    #6

Try Gemplers.com. calcium chloride.