Pavers or no pavers

Jul 2, 2015
fowlerville mi
The wife finally talked me into a pool for the kids. My last house had a pool when i bought and the bottom rails were set on pavers. Most of them had shifted over the years and the top rail wasnt very level. Our new pool is a 30' round. Its a resin frame with steel wall. Currently the location is level and compacted. The outer 2 feet were trenched and 4 inches of crushed limestone base was put in and compacted twice with a walk behind compacter. Now my question is should i install pavers under the bottom rails all the way around or will the compacted base be good enough? We live in michigan. Thanks for the help

Welcome :)

With the limestone base I'd just put pavers under the uprights. Since mine was just leveled dirt I put partial pavers 1/3 of the way between uprights, so I had two partials between each post. It's been stable for 3 years now.

Welcome to the club! :)

We have a 33' and used the pavers under the uprights only. Once the base was level and compacted, we laid out the bottom rails, marked on the ground where the feet go, moved the rails then dug the paver space down to flush with the base. Put up the wall then started adding the sand base. Pool has been up a year, very solid and within 1/2" of being level all the way around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.