FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test - Sample Tube Question

Scoop

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2012
Dallas, TX
Hi,

I'm about to order the FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test kit and have a question about the Ch Sample Tube.

Test vial.jpg

- Does this tube base fit on the Speedstir base? I think it does as that's mentioned in the Kit Hardware description page on the site. Just wanted to verify.

- Would the Taylor Sample Tube (P/N 9198) work as a substitute for the one that's included in the kit? I see that the Taylor tube mark limit is 25 mL but it includes a 10 mL measuring line for the Ch Drop Test amount.

YippeeSkippy & msgtdan

Thanks for the info :). I think I'll try the Taylor Tube at first to see if it's easier to read since the Tube that comes with the kit is incremented up to 40 mL and the Taylor Tube that I have is incremented up to 25 mL. That may make it easier for me to see the 10 mL sample contents.

[edit] After looking closer at the Taylor Tube, I'm guessing that it'll be the same as what comes with the kit since the 25 mL mark is only halfway up on the Taylor Tube so I'm thinking that both Tubes are the same height/volume.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.