Liberty Fiberglass vs. Viking Fiberglass pools

Jun 18, 2015
Porter/tx
Hello,

we are trying to decide between a Liberty and Viking Fiberglass pool.
Has anyone experience with any of these (Quality, Warranty etc ) ?
We chose aquapools in Houston, TX as PB.

Any info about the manufacturer or also experience with this PB is very much appreciated :eek:)

Thanks
Christine

Hello and welcome to TFP! We have a Viking. A link to pics is in my sig below. Very happy with it. As with any exceptionally large product like this, it had a couple minor cosmetic flaws, but nothing that most people would even key-in on or care about. It is exceptionally strong and have had no problems to-date. I can't speak for Liberty. More than anything however, in my opinion, your biggest concern should be with the installer. That's where the true issues arise (plumbing, level, electrical, equipment sizing, etc). Make darn sure you have a reputable installer. You can have the greatest "shell" in the world, but if some second-rate installer puts it in crooked or messes-up plumbing after the decking is laid, it's a nightmare, and most of them will have every excuse in the book to not fix something after it's full of water. Best of luck to you!

I have a Viking Carmel model 14 x 30. It has been an excellent pool and is 4 plus years old. It looks just like it was new and appears to be quite strong. Some items I would reccomend :
1. Factory installed tile on the top border.
2. Do not get the pop up cleaner. It is not needed
3. Get a model that is 16 ft wide not 14 because in a fiberglass pool the measurement is from outside edge to outside edge so a 14 pool is actually about 12 ft 8 inches wide at the water line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.