Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just filled reno

1. Back To Top    #1

Mt Pleasant, PA 15666

Just filled reno

Can anyone tell me how in world the pool store tests can say I have phosphates- at over 500ppm. When the darn water was just but in yesterday. Lol. And cya at 30. No chemicals added. Fresh water from 2inch city water line. They also say my alkalinity is way high. Wth. Either our water is not drinkable or there that's are wrong. Lol or I'm an idiot who knows nothing. I know I'm a mom of 4 and tired. But u can't figure it out. Please help. Now the fc at 0. I expexted. Where in the world to begin.
    Hayward 200lb Sand Filter, Hayward Skimmer, Hayward INLINE Chlor., Hayward Light Niche 0506, New Return Line, Hayward fittings, Hayward Superpump 1 hp, No Main Drain, 16"6' x 32" Grecian w/Grecian Hopper -28,000gal, diving board, no steps,

2. Back To Top    #2
    NW Ohio

Re: Just filled reno

I can't tell you how the pool store can give you such bad results, I can only say that it is no surprise. You need to do your own testing because you can never trust a pool store to do it for you. Only the k-2006 or TF-100 have all of the tests you need to truly take control for your pool. You can find both at the link in my signature.

The most important thing for a fresh fill is to get CYA and chlorine in the water. How are you currently chlorinating your pool? Also how much have you read of the Pool Pchool? If you haven't even cracked it then these couple of links will help you get an idea what we are talking about and how we are going to help you get yourself up and running:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    Pool School - PoolMath
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Just filled reno

They can't sell you phosfree if they don't tell you you have phosphates. LOL!

Begin by stopping going to the pool store for water test. Order a TF100 from

Read that ^^^^ stuff up there.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach