Just filled reno

dpease

May 20, 2014
Mt Pleasant, PA 15666
Can anyone tell me how in world the pool store tests can say I have phosphates- at over 500ppm. When the darn water was just but in yesterday. Lol. And cya at 30. No chemicals added. Fresh water from 2inch city water line. They also say my alkalinity is way high. Wth. Either our water is not drinkable or there that's are wrong. Lol or I'm an idiot who knows nothing. I know I'm a mom of 4 and tired. But u can't figure it out. Please help. Now the fc at 0. I expexted. Where in the world to begin.

I can't tell you how the pool store can give you such bad results, I can only say that it is no surprise. You need to do your own testing because you can never trust a pool store to do it for you. Only the k-2006 or TF-100 have all of the tests you need to truly take control for your pool. You can find both at the link in my signature.

The most important thing for a fresh fill is to get CYA and chlorine in the water. How are you currently chlorinating your pool? Also how much have you read of the Pool Pchool? If you haven't even cracked it then these couple of links will help you get an idea what we are talking about and how we are going to help you get yourself up and running:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Pool School - PoolMath

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.