Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Excited to be here!

1. Back To Top    #1

Excited to be here!

I live in Murfreesboro, TN (just outside of Nashville), and finally have my "free" from Craigslist pool up and passed all the codes. It took about a week and a half and yesterday my pool was already a sea of green. I found this place through a friend on Facebook and so happy that I did! My pool is no longer green after 1 day of SLAMing, and waiting on the filter to clear it up!

I can't wait to throw a pool party and I can tell I am going to use the heck out of this forum! Thanks to all who have made this forum priceless!

-Jay
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24' x 52" AGP | Hayward 2HP | Cartridge Filter | Taylor K-2006
    "Let's get this free pool from Craigslist! It will be fun!"- Famous last words.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Excited to be here!

Welcome to TFP!!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Great to have you with us. Nice set-up. Enjoy the site and your swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

So you are telling me you already have a good test kit????????? WOW!

I love your deck. Such clean lines. What are you going to put down around the bottom of your pool to keep the dirt from washing out? We have white, marble chips held in with blocks. ONE day I will make the blocks pretty with something

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP jayhuff.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    So you are telling me you already have a good test kit????????? WOW!

I love your deck. Such clean lines. What are you going to put down around the bottom of your pool to keep the dirt from washing out? We have white, marble chips held in with blocks. ONE day I will make the blocks pretty with something

Kim
    I don't have it yet. It gets delivered tomorrow! I am excited to see the numbers though. I am still less than 24 hours since starting the SLAM (which is kind of guess work without knowing CYA), and I can already see the pattern on the floor of the pool! I am pumped!

Kim- I am not sure what we are going to do yet. I am slowly getting the dirt push back against the pool, but I am still looking at options. I saw someone on here post a setup that had mulch and it looked awesome. Going to be something, but not grass! I have enough of that already.

I had to build this deck quick to get past codes, so it is not as big as I wanted, but our concrete patio is right at the steps. It will work out fine for us though.

Thanks for the welcome!

7. Back To Top    #7

For now may I suggest that you put this under your skimmer and where the return goes into your pool. This is for just in case the hoses or pipes every come loose or the the skimmer overflows from rain or splashing fun in the pool.

-Dig out about 1 inch down about 5 inches out from the pool and to either side of the skimmer/return.

-Put rock, just plain rock down in the hole to fill it up.

-Put pavers on top of the rocks. Use care to not let them touch or rub the pool side.

I also went so far as to put some bricks I had left from another project on top of the pavers just for another layer.

I made sure that all of this was angled so that any water flowed away from the pool.

I did all of this so there could be no chance of the water washing out the sand from under the pool.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Great suggestion! I will for sure do that. Right now the overflow is crazy in that spot because of all the rain.

9. Back To Top    #9

We also got our pool near free ($400) and for the size, I'd do it again in a heartbeat (not sure he would agree).... I found this site doing research while the pool was going up and so glad I did! This is our second season & managing that thing has been a snap once I was taught how by these fine people. Welcome to the club!
    33 Round AGP, 26K gal, vinyl liner, 1 HP single speed pump, 1 Hayward wide mouth skimmer, Pentair sand filter, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Red Leopard Orbit suction auto vac, Pool School, TFTestkits, PoolMath, Support this Site!