Connecting 100' polyethylene pipe to Hayward port

Jul 2, 2015
Canada
Hello!

I am about to bury a 100' polyethylene pipe in order to send the water when backwashing my filter, to a designated area.

My semi-inground pool is connected to a Hayward multi-port filter, ports appear to be 1-1/2" wide, and I assume 1-1/2" diameter for the pipe is a good choice.

When my installer left, they installed a white pvc piece into the backwash port, one end being threaded into the filter port and the other end being straight and flat. I guess that was because they expect most pool owners to simply hook up the blue rolled-up tubing to backwash and clamp it with a stainless steel clamp.

Could anyone guide me so I can hook up the 100' poly pipe to the Hayward backwash port?

My current research points me to purchasing a simple Poly Male Adapter - 1 1/2 Inch Mpt X 1 1/2 Inch Insert, from Home Depot. It's basically a gray piece with very fine threads (to screw into the Hayward port, I would assume), and the other end looks like it has three "barbs" to force the pipe over, then simply clamp.

Would this be the proper piece to do it?

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it a lot!

Hmmm... I was starting to set everything up when I realized that I was about to do a permanent connection.... newbie mistake : what if I need to replace or move the filter for some reason? I would have to cut the hose and redo everything...

Sounds like I need an additional piece : a male-female PVC 1-1/2" MPT quick-plug adapter :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.