help - i am totally confused about my pool

Jul 2, 2015
Leola AR
I have a 24 ft x 4 ft round above ground pool and added a saltwater system to it this year. I started out with clear water and everything working fine. After all the rains we got I boosted it like the directions said and now I have too much salt. I don't have to option of letting water out right at the moment, but I monitor the pool everyday. Have changed the filter. I vacuum frequently, but I missed a day of getting in the pool and now I have something growing on the bottom and around the bottom. I think it's algae - but not sure - what do I need to do? I can read the directions but they do not make sense to me. Also what type of vacuum do people use for the size of my pool - I don't have one I am crazy about.
And also, can someone explain backwash to me? I don't understand that either. I love my pool but it's driving me crazy.

Welcome to TFP!

Unless you added more salt, the level will stay the same. Are you getting your reading from the salt cell or from a test kit?

To really help, we need an accurate set of test results. Chlorine, CYA and pH to start.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.