Setup location and distance from pool filter

jtousch

Gold Supporter
Jun 25, 2014
Elmira, NY
I'm looking for suggestions:

My pool sits in the middle of the yard with the pump and filter next to it. I'm reluctant to leave a container of chlorine and a chemical pump sitting out next to the pool. 30 feet away I have a building that could house the chlorine and pump but burying a chemical hose seems ridicules. I considered moving my pool pump and filter into that same building but I remember something about the pump and electrical bonding needing to be within a particular distance from the pool itself. Its not impossible to build a small covering next to the pool but I'm concerned about aesthetics.
The building contains the power and pump timer for the pool.

I dose every morning and my chlorine comes in 5gal carboy. I just like the idea of automation!

Any suggestions?

Jeff

It wouldn't bother me even a little to bury the injection tubing. If you're worried about it you could always bury PVC pipe and snake the tubing through it.

Also, it would not be a problem to move the equipment to the building. You just need to extend the bond wire from the current location to the new location and tie the bond wires together with a listed lug. The requirement for distance is for the loop running around the pool not for the part running to the equipment pad.

Thanks for the responses. All the pool owners I know have no desire to learn anything and therefore I have nobody to bounce ideas off of . The quickest solution would be to bury the chemical line for now. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.