Test Kit Question

Jul 1, 2015
Thomasville, NC
I am a newbie to this forum; my first post was earlier ( Pre-SLAM help!). I have a FAS-DPD test kit but that is all. I want to get a more extensive kit. I am headed to Leslie's in the am to have my water tested. Do they offer something comparable to a K-2006? I would like to buy it and not have to wait on it to come in the mail or pay high rate for expedited shipping. Hoping I can pick something up at Leslie's but I don't want to get ripped off or be sold the wrong thing. Thanks!

You have an FAS-DPD kit? Given the context I think you might mean you have a basic pH and Total Chlorine kit (the red and yellow test). Am I correct or do you really have an FAS-DPD chlorine test with powder and counting drops?

Assuming you got the names confused and need a full kit, you need either the K-2006 or TF-100 kit. Leslie's might have a K-2006 but that is a long shot. Odds are it will be overpriced and they will likely try selling you a k-2005 claiming that it is the same thing (it is absolutely not). I would suggest go to TFTeskits.net and call them to ask what it would cost to have a TF-100 overnight to you. Luckily for you they are located in Creedmoor NC so you might be able to get it by tomorrow at a relatively reasonable price.

I really do have the FAS-DPD test kit for chlorine. I ordered it earlier this week but in hindsight, I should have just ordered the full kit. I have what I need for the SLAM but going forward I would like the full kit. I am going to just order the kit from TFTestkits.net to be sure I get the right thing. Thanks!

Ok, forgive me for thinking that but with all the different names I am used to newer people confusing them ;)

Getting the complete kit will be a good thing, since you are doing a SLAM you might find that having extra FAS-DPD reagents will come in handy. Good luck with it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.