So i am a 2nd year newbie with a 24' round above ground that travels for work some and through a series of mistakes with the family got a raw case of mustard algae.
With the help of TFP I nearly have this thing licked. Holding a mustard SLAM levels vacuuming twice a day and brushing twice a day in between (it is good to have teenage boys for the brushing) now the water just sparkles.
The only indication at all is while brushing the bottom if you look very very closely you can see a slight cloud come off the brush once in a while. Maybe it is dirt even i am not sure because color is hard to detect.
My question now that i am getting to the end how do i absolutely insure my gear is not introducing the algae back into my pool. Once the pool passes the test for a couple of days running I am seriously considering raising the pool shock level to 2x again, lowering the water below the intake, removing all the hardware valves, hoses, baskets, dumping my sand scrubbing every inch of it in bleach and then setting the lot of it on the bottom of the pool for a day at the kill shock level. If i do it i intend to submerge the ladder on its side, skimmer net thermometer all of it.
Sand is cheap compared to the hours put into straightening this out. In fact all new hoses, valves and fittings would be cheap compared to the pain of letting this get started again.
Am i off my nut for thinking this way?