Spa Draining into Pool

argus

Jul 2, 2015
Tampa
This is my first pool. I have a Pentair Easy Touch Pool and Spa Controller. I don't have the remote controller, so I have use the Easy Touch Pool and Spa Controller from the Load Center. I was attempting to turn on the water features. I think I put the Spa system into drain. The spa completely drained into the main pool. I turned the system off because I didn't want the pumps to be running with the spa empty. The electrical company that installed the system or the pool service company will not be able to come for a week. Is there any problem with leaving the pool pumps/filter off for a week?

How do I return the system back to normal operation? I did not receive any user manual or instructions for the system when I brought the house.

I have pretty much the same set up and that is only possible if the Load Center is in service mode. If everything is installed right. I do it to clean the bottom of the spa. Change the mode button to auto or time-out.

Look at the panel that you pushed buttons on to cause this. We are looking for lights that are on. Specifically either "spa" or "spa drain". Also you will have either a "auto" or a "service" light on. Go check, i'll wait

*Elevator music plays*

Sounds like you hit the "valve" button on the system. If you press it you have the following options, Pool/Spa/Fill (Spillway)/Drain). Select the Fill option to put water back in the spa.

Valves (V) - (Pool/Spa/Fill (Spillway)/Drain) button: When in normal operating mode, the
Valves (V) button is in “Pool” mode. In this mode the valves are automatically rotated so that
only the pool water is circulated through the system and the filter pump is activated. Pressing this
button once enables “Spa” mode and activates the filter pump to circulate only spa water
through the system. “Fill/Spillway” and “Drain” mode can only be used while in “Service” mode
(See Mode button for details). “Fill/Spillway” and “Drain” mode are used when cleaning the spa.
Pressing the Valves (V) button again returns the system to “Pool” mode. Note that the filter
pump will switch off while the pool/spa valves are rotating into position. The current operating
mode is shown in the LCD display.

Thanks for all the help. The pool service company did come out. The problem was a bad valve actuator that would not allow the spa to refill. He temporary took the valve off automatic while we wait for a new part. It is frustrating to have something go wrong and not to know how to repair it. I received no written instructions. manuals, etc for this pool. Nothing is labeled. I was punching every button in the panel not knowing what the button did. No matter what I did the spa kept draining. Refilled the spa twice with a garden hose. Finally ended up with too much water in the pool. Took 4 hours to drain the extra water out of the pool; that is a lot of wasted water. The builder had a company come out for "pool school" which was no more than a hour sales presentation to get me to sign up for their monthly pool service; again no literature was left. When something happens out of the ordinary, I have no idea what to do accept to call a service company. Thanks again everyone.

Thanks for all the help. The pool service company did come out. The problem was a bad valve actuator that would not allow the spa to refill. He temporary took the valve off automatic while we wait for a new part. It is frustrating to have something go wrong and not to know how to repair it. I received no written instructions. manuals, etc for this pool. Nothing is labeled. I was punching every button in the panel not knowing what the button did. No matter what I did the spa kept draining. Refilled the spa twice with a garden hose. Finally ended up with too much water in the pool. Took 4 hours to drain the extra water out of the pool; that is a lot of wasted water. The builder had a company come out for "pool school" which was no more than a hour sales presentation to get me to sign up for their monthly pool service; again no literature was left. When something happens out of the ordinary, I have no idea what to do accept to call a service company. Thanks again everyone.

You can download instruction manuals at this link:

http://www.pentairpool.com/products/automation-easytouch-control-systems-49.htm

Also, you should consider the ScreenLogic interface for your EasyTouch. A much better solution for remote control than the other EasyTouch remotes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.