Help for an Idiot Noob

Fmbiv

Jun 6, 2015
Bedford hills ny
Hi,

I have spent lots of time on the pool in my new home. It is a 44k gallon, IG, plaster, SWG pool in NY.

I drained it, cleaned it, replaced the caulking (it was built a long time ago with the walls and floor done separately), slowly filled it from my well, added some chemicals and had the previous owner help me get the jets and skimmers going. Everything was looking up.

The pool had not been used since 2013 at the latest but it was looking good.

I called to have the 2 Hayward DE filters serviced but was told I had to pay a $200 service fee to have the "technician" come to my house to determine if the filters need to be serviced then pay to have them serviced. So I opted to do it myself.

I back washed, released the valve, pulled the bottom plug took the lock off, cleaned the grid re-assembled it, put it back in and then turned on the pump, let the air escape and PSI immediately went to 40-50.

Meanwhile there was no suction in the skimmer.

So I never got to put new fiber clear in.

What could be wrong?

Some of the plastic grid had broken. Could it be that? I have ordered new grids. I also ordered a new pressure gauge in case that is the problem.

I have read the tutorials but haven't seen any explanation for what I am experiencing.

I also managed to break the handle off a pump. No rest for the stoopid I guess. Any advice is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I back washed, released the valve, pulled the bottom plug took the lock off, cleaned the grid re-assembled it, put it back in and then turned on the pump, let the air escape and PSI immediately went to 40-50.

Meanwhile there was no suction in the skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So pressure went to 40-50? Did water come out of the returns?
No suction in skimmer? Did water come out of the returns?

One possibility is that there is a valve between your pump/filter and pool that is closed. Otherwise it is very unlikely the pressure would be able to get that high!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.