Ive been Shocking my pool but Chlorine Levels wont Rise

Jav000

Jul 2, 2015
Dalllas
Im fairly new to maintaining the pool but have taken several trips to Leslie pools for help. Ive been pretty good at keeping the pool levels ideal but we got some rain 3 days in a row and now my pool is GREEN. I took some of my pool water to Leslie Pools they said everything was great except my chlorine and phosphate levels, gave me what i needed and sent me on my way..i followed the directions but i am having no luck. I shocked two days in a row and my chlorine levels are white on my test strips. I would really like to get the pool going for this weekend since it is the fourth of july but i am getting discouraged and almost want to drain the pool and refill it but i want to wait til thats my last resort. Ive also tried reading up about this slamming process but I guess im just not understanding the ling very well, could someone please help me and break it down for me.

Hi, welcome to TFP! We need to know the most current test results you have for your pool to be able to help you. We can use the Leslie's results as a rough idea what may be going on, but in order to help you take control of your pool you will need a high quality FAS/DPD test kit such as the Taylor k2006 or the TF100 . When you are able to perform your own testing you will have more consistent, reliable results.

What product did you use to shock the pool? I know in the past my local Leslie's would sell me non-chlorine shock saying it was better for my vinyl liner (which is a myth by the way). It is possible you have no chlorine due to several different circumstances, but we won't be able to rule out most of those without test results.

So the test strips are not reliable? Ive been using Leslies test strips and their Chlor Brite Granular Chlorine Pool Sanatizer. I just left Leslies once again and they tested:

Total harness 250
Free Chlorine 0
PH 7.2
Total Alkalinity 80
CYA 50
Phospates High

He said he recommends to throw about 8 bags of the chlorine in the pool then go from there, im a little sceptical about it.

My first suggestion is to stop going to the pool store. Their only response it to sell you something.

I will tell you, it didn't turn green overnight and it will take time to clear. But, we can teach you how to get it sparkling and keep it that was for a lot less money than the pool store.

Not much credence is given to pool store testing around here. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their testing. But, what can you do?? We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF100 and at least include the XL option. That will give you what you need while you are clearing the pool, and probably enough reagents for a couple of years normal use.

While you wait for it to get delivered, you have a homework assignment. Start with Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.