Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hiya Gang

1. Back To Top    #1

Hiya Gang

New member, although I've been lurking for a while. Wanted to Introduce myself. I live in Whitehouse (Tyler), Tx and just bought a new-to-me house with a pool. My first pool, so I am glad I found this awesome forum! I Look forward to getting the pool ready using the TFP method and the help of the TFP community.

I received my TF-100 test kit today and ran my first series of tests. CYA is through the roof (probably due to the previous owners total reliance on his in-line puck tube). PoolMath recommends a 50% drain. I think I'll call the local fire department tomorrow and see if they do complimentary fills. Worth a shot. The test results are in this thread... http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...l-New-Test-Kit..., so please have a look and let me know what you think.

Nice to meet everyone!

-Jon-

____________________________________________________________ _______________________________
    20k gal, IG plaster, 3 HP Intelliflo var spd pump, Pentair Triton II TR-60 sand filter, TF-100 test kit, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hiya Gang

Wow, you're right on the ball with this pool thing Got your super dooper test kit at the ready and you're ready to go!
    How do you plan on chlorinating your pool since you know the problems with the blasted pucks?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Clorox bleach all the way, Skippy!

____________________________________________________________ _______________________________
    20k gal, IG plaster, 3 HP Intelliflo var spd pump, Pentair Triton II TR-60 sand filter, TF-100 test kit, Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

No go with the Fire Dept. The Fire Chief said they stopped doing that about the same time they stopped pulling cats out of trees...LOL, he was a cool guy! Guess I'll be pumping 10k gal the slow way!

5. Back To Top    #5

You might research the area for water delivery services.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

Good idea, Sir. I will do that.