How to change filter cartridge w/out water loss?

Jun 17, 2015
N/A
Hello, I have a question. I have an Intex pool 16x42 with a 2500 filter. Is there a way to change the filter cartridge without loosing water? I always seem to loose so much even when the pump is off. I know there are plunger valves but I can't find any reasonably priced ones at the moment. Thanks in advance :)

Hello, I have a question. I have an Intex pool 16x42 with a 2500 filter. Is there a way to change the filter cartridge without loosing water? I always seem to loose so much even when the pump is off. I know there are plunger valves but I can't find any reasonably priced ones at the moment. Thanks in advance :)

This might not be any help but my Intex came with three of the stoppers for each hos . How long ago did you get yours?

I got our pool last year. We may have gotten stoppers with it but I am not sure where they would be now. Can you buy new ones? I cut bigger holes in the pool for the new filter. If I find the old stoppers would they work? Thanks

plug up the returns and drain...and then I would get some ball valves from home depot and install them while you have the system isolated. in the future you can just close the valves and clean the filter, then re-open. shouldn't take long to install some valves

Lift the pump onto a chair or table above the water level before you unscrew the top. You'll never lose a drop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.