Pool coping....acceptable????

SoonerWing

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 27, 2015
Tuttle/Oklahoma
Hello experts. They started installing the coping yesterday and this evening I took a closer look at some of the pieces and this is what I found. Is this typical or pieces that I need to request be replaced?

20150701_195228_zps7ahfgztf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150701_195235_zps7kwun3vt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150701_195248_zpsjhlm8377.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If they are supposed to be a rough cut look, then it looks fine. If they aren't, then it looks like ****, and should be replaced. Depends on what look you are going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your first picture, the ones on the left have a clean cut. So, looks like you didn't order a rough cut edge. I would demand that the PB replace all the ones that are not right. They may argue by saying that this is 'natural variance' or something like that. But, unless they subtract the defective ones from the total square footage, I would get them replaced.

Looks like the ones in your pictures were cut with the wrong type of blade or a very dull blade. They should all have the same finish on the edges and you have some that don't. I think it would not look good to have a few pavers with an edge chewed up like that but most are aren't.

That is a lot of difference between the chipped ones and the ones that are already installed. Looks like the saw ran out of water or they tried to cut them way too fast. I cut some ceramic tile a couple years ago, and no matter how slow I went some of them chipped. I wouldn't expect that from a natural stone, especially since they cut the rest of them correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.