Purpose of these holes

tw25

May 1, 2015
sacramento ca
Sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge of what I am about to ask. Along the waterline tile I have 2 different holes and I have no idea what they are for. They stick out like a sore thumb but I'm sure they serve an important purpose.

Pool built 1989
Cartridge filter
Auto fill feature

First picture is on one end of the pool (not auto fill area) it has a female end. Is this purpose in case the pool overfills we attach a hose and empty?

2nd picture is on other end of pool and the hole is near the autofill area (autofill is like toilet bowl type) what is the purpose of this hole that is cut out on tile?

Thanks I advance for any info

May be two overflows. Odd that they are different sizes. At least they appear to be different sizes from the pictures. Can you manually operate the auto fill to verify where it goes? The hole under the water isn't a cleaner port or anything is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2 holes are different sizes. The one not near the autofill has a female threaded end.

The other hole in the 2nd pic is a little bigger and has no thread. When we are in the pool and water is moving water goes in and then comes back out no pressure though just natural splashing in and out. I don't know if that drives the water level but looking at autofill diagrams online it seems like it wouldn't come from there. This is what I found online which doesn't lead me to believe that this hole is part of the auto level/fill, but if not I don't know what it is for http://i.ytimg.com/vi/BgggeAhcDa4/hqdefault.jpg

When the pool was being re plastered water came out of the hole 12" down so I think that is where fresh water fill comes from.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.