What's going on? my test

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
So checked my pool at 7:00AM TC-5 PH 7.8 TA 110 CYA 55 Salt 3200. So I wanted to get the PH down to lower TA added 50oz Muriatic Acid (31%) So after about 4 hours I added 24oz of chlorine (14%) trying to get the FC to 6. I waited about 3 hours re tested PH 7.2 FC 3.5 so after adding more chlorine the FC went down. So what's going on? I also checked the FC last night FC was 5 same reading in the morning.

I am having a hard time following your conversation but I think I understand.

Chlorine is a consumable item......particularly if you have organics in your pool chlorine can drop quite rapidly. Is that what you are asking?

I had zero chlorine loss last night. last night and this morning FC-5 CC-0. I lowered the PH from 7.8 to 7.2 added muriatic acid (lowered PH to lower TA) then after a couple hours I added 24oc of chlorine trying to raise the FC from 5 to 6.
Now I'm getting an FC of 3.5 CC-0. Why would my FC go down? I spent about 5 minutes in the pool maybe a handful of leafs, pool is supper clear. Now the pool is at about 90˚ . I put TA instead of PH first post fixed it

Chlorine gets used up, either hy attacking organic matter or by sun degradation. It does not stay for very long, especially in the sun.

You didnt loose any chlorine overnight, because the sun isnt shining at night. UV from the sun burns up chlorine. Thats why you saw it go down over a few hours in the daytime.

Other than algae, other organic materials use up chlorine. Leaves, grass clippings, bugs, bunch of stuff in the skimmer....etc.

So that would be considered a normal loss ? It cool down today to pleasant 101˚ The pool is pretty much hit by the sun all day. Being retired I do keep on top of debris in the pool and cleaning the skimmers. Thanks for the replies.

Pump 1800RPM for 1 hour , 2500 Rpm for 4 hours, 1400RPM for 1 hour Total 6 hours. pool sweep kicks in for 2 hours during 2500RPM run. SWG dose not work, salt is 3200PPM. Advice I was given was to use the non SWG chart. Haven't decided if I want to replace, repair or toss SWG. I just started a ledger 7-1-2015 of what my pool cost that will determine what I decide. BTW I had nothing but trouble with my SWG from the start.

When I took over from my pool person 10 weeks ago , I had all sorts of issues that I needed to fix. I have invested about 1,000 bucks - but glad I did.

Why I had my salt tested, it was down to 2100 - even though display said 3200. So it turned out that the PCB board needed replacing. I cost 400 including install and 3 year warranty.

I then bought test kit, extra agents , cleaning equipment, 6 gallons of bleach, etc. Had to add 80lb of salt, 2 gallons of Stabilizer, 30lb of calcium.

I just recently did a successful SLAM.

This morning I am at my target of 7.5FC, I have turned pump time down and at 35% SWG.

It has all been worth it.

Do you know what is wrong with the SWG? If it is Heyward, I would recommend calling their tech support, they are very good and very helpful.

IMO, I would rather have balanced pool with SWG just keeping it nicely ticking over at the levels I want, than having to keep manually adjusting all the time.

My return on investment is not necessarily just monitory , it is peace-of-mind and also I now no longer feel violated by a company charging 120 bucks a month for literally 5 minutes work per week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.