argument at the pool store :)

Apr 29, 2015
Sarasota, FL
I have a SW pool, but every once in a while I add some liquid chlorine for a boost after heavy use to keep my SWCG at the same level. I go to a local Leslies, since here in Florida 10% chlorine is dirt cheap...about $3.50 for a 2.5 gallon refill. sorry, not trying to rub that in for my friends to the north :)

I ALWAYS get some sort of grief from the pool store employees when I get my refills. Most of the time its pestering me why I didn't bring in a water sample for testing, or why I wont buy the powder shock for my once a week shock (haha). I usually deal with the store manager, and he is a nice guy, but obviously trying to maximize sales.

this time I dealt with a younger guy. upon bringing out my jug of chlorine and putting it on the floor, he proceeds to ask my "why do you like dealing with THIS stuff" with a pretentious tone to his voice. so I asked him "you mean, chlorine?". and he said yes. and proceeded to ask why I would want to use THIS when you can just buy it in powder form and that it works better.

I tell him, I like to use chlorine when im trying to raise my chlorine and that I don't want any more stabilizer or calcium added to my pool. of course he responded with "im not talking about that stuff, the powder im talking about is just dry chlorine". at this point I chuckle and calmly explain to him that is not true, and how its either binded to calcium or stabilzer. starts giving me serious attitude at this point.

finally the store manager comes by and asks what's the problem and I tell him he needs to train his staff on the products he is pushing, and go on to explain what I said above. The manager looks at the kid and says "well, he is correct". kid was not happy and stormed away like I just took his candy from him

manager cashed me out and apologized...and kind of chuckled too.

sorry for long post, but thought you fellow TFT nerds would enjoy the back and forth.

cant wait to go back :)

I was one of those guys that was led into that 'Dark hole' by a young man who worked in a pool store. I was a believer and I was putting my trust in someone that knew less about his business than I did........then I found 'the light', you guys saved me.....Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.