Pump too smallin

Hi,

I just got a 1.5 hp pump (in the signature) that was recommended by the pool store. It replaced a 2 hp pump that did run everything. However, now the 1.5 hp does not run the 7 returns, waterfall, and fountain. It barely does the returns. Is the pump too small? Could it be something else? Thanks.

Can you verify that you really have a 3,000 gallon pool as your signature says?

What flow rate are you running your pump?

I have a valve that switches water flow between waterfall and pool returns. When I want more waterfall I move the valve to more waterfall and less returns. The rest of the time it is on all pool returns.

Yes, that 3,000 is accurate.

I'm new to this. How do I figure the flow rate?

thanks,

- - - Updated - - -

Pooldv,

yes, I have adjusted the valves, but I should not have to. When we got this house the entire system ran fine on a 2hp pump. Now it is either the returns, or fountain, or waterfall that can be on.

Thanks,

MaxFlo VS is the wrong pump for all those water features. That is a low head, low flow pump. You 2 HP pump was likely a high head pump which is considerably more powerful than the MaxFlo. The EcoStar would have been a better choice.

A 3,000 gallon pool is barely enough to have 4 men in it, let alone waterfall and ... how many returns, again? And 1.5HP pump is too large even for 10,000 gallon pool. It can empty 3,000 gallons in like 20 minutes. Has to be 30,000.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.