Bestway 10ft Easy up pool - slightly sloped and one side bulging, is it safe?

Jul 1, 2015
Barnsley
Hi,

this is the first pool I've ever owned so I'm sorry if I sound ridiculous but on googling my problem I came upon this forum and thought someone might be able to offer me advice on my situation..

First of all this is the pool I bought yesterday http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3653382.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:18091993285|tsid:59156|cid:189934165|lid:112115261605|nw:g|crid:71525377405|rnd:2717964760076206001|dvc:c|adp:1o1|bku:1

I put it up and started filling it on the most level part of my lawn and wow, not level at all - it took a few hours of filling before we noticed one side was sagging a heck of a lot and water was about to pour over the sides, so we drained and started again.

Its really, really warm here in the UK and my kids wanted it up so badly (as did me and my partner!) so instead of choosing to level an area of lawn in this heat which seemed like madness we decided to put the pool up on our concrete patio. We placed down a soft sheet underneath and then some tarp on top of that to protect the bottom and up it went. We were very pleased to see after getting all the creases and wrinkles out and starting to fill that it was filling very evenly and was perfectly round so we left it for a few hours to fill. When we came back to it however one side is bulging a bit, not at all like it was on the grass but its quite obvious... I measured the bulging side of the pool and the opposite side and there is about 4-5 cm difference in water depth... my question, is this a safe level? I'm having trouble finding much online other than having it on any kind of slope could cause it to burst and I have a 4 year old playing in it and what could happen will give me nightmares.

Appreciate any advice from an experienced pool owner to a new one!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.