Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 911 911! Help!

1. Back To Top    #1

911 911! Help!

So as some of you know we just bought a house with a pretty messed up pool...

I came out from lunch to see this, and I can't get the water to stop!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 911 911! Help!

I'd cut the breaker and if too close where I'd get soaked the main to the house.
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Breaker is off, water has stopped now. What can I do to remedy this? Can I dry off the pipes, prime and glue? I've literally had this pool for just over 2 weeks so I'm totally clueless.

4. Back To Top    #4

So it appears it broke or slipped-off where the pipe leaves the pump right? Hard to tell from the pic, but not so sure you can just dry-off what came apart, sand it smooth a little, then try to simply glue it back. You can always try I suppose. The worse thing to happen is it doesn't hold and you replace those parts anyways. Looks like you would need to get a new 90 degree elbow, a little straight pipe, and probably a threaded union or two (along with proper PVC glue) to put it all back together. Not the worst thing to happen, just takes a little time and measuring if you do replace the piping. Thank goodness you caught it though. Woo!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Ditto. I would replace the male on the discharge side of the pump, a new elbow, then a coupling to the horizontal piping.

6. Back To Top    #6

That would make me question the integrity of all the other joints as well.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!