Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot tub pump 1 troubleshoot

1. Back To Top    #1

Hot tub pump 1 troubleshoot

I have a Sundance Spa Oltima 2004. I just bought a house with this hot tub. The display shows a "FLO" error on the screen and the hot tub is taking days to heat up. It's now at 95, but it took 2 days just to get to that. Pump 1 has two speeds. It only works on high speed. On low speed, it just makes a clicking sound. Does this mean that I have to buy a whole new pump 1? Pump 2 works great. Any help will be much appreciated.
    18K gal, IG Gunite, Sand Filter, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hot tub pump 1 troubleshoot

I found the manual online and below is what FLO error message means http://www.sundancespas.com/Communic...850ManRevC.pdf

FLOW SWITCH (Heater is deactivated. Pump may
    also be deactivated). Proper flow of water is inhibited
    or a flow switch has malfunctioned. Check for
    proper water level and check for clogged stage 2
    filter (page 35-36). Contact your dealer or service
    organization.
    Page 44
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hot tub pump 1 troubleshoot

Thanks! I did see that as well. There is a good chance that it's the Flow Switch. It does appear to be pretty new though. I have a feeling that it has something to do with that pump 1. I didn't know if someone has experience this problem with theirs...pump 1 only working on high speed.
    18K gal, IG Gunite, Sand Filter, TF-100 test kit