Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Owner Oklahoma

1. Back To Top    #1
    Tulsa, OK

New Pool Owner Oklahoma

I'm from Tulsa inherited an above ground pool and I have been struggling to get it up.
    Cannot afford a "professional" if I could I would sure them call.
    I've enlisted others to no avail many said they would come but never showed up. (how rude) I was going to pay them too.
    I think the filter or system I have is very older. I can't see the setting on the machine. I'm so thankful to whomever started this site
    as I've seen so many things on here already.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: New Pool Owner Oklahoma

Hello and welcome to TFP! We have lots of experts who would happy to help you. What questions do you have: How to operate your system? How to maintain the water? Something else? Just let us know and you'll have more replies than you care to read. And we don't even charge you!

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Re: New Pool Owner Oklahoma

Welcome to TFP!

If you don't already have one, you will need a good test kit to properly manage your pool. Here is a comparison of the Recommended Test Kits.

While you are waiting for your kit to arrive, here are some resources to give you an overview of managing your pool using our methods:
    1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
    2. Chlorine CYA Chart
    3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
    4. Recommended Levels
    5. Pool Math

If you follow this advice, you will wonder why you ever considered having to hire a "professional" pool guy. There are just two chemicals I primarily use to maintain my pool: Liquid bleach and muriatic acid. It really can be that simple.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.