New Automatic pool cleaner SpeedJet vs

Sand-D

Apr 30, 2015
Pearl River Louisiana
Just finished installing out new Intex 16'x32'x52" ultra frame pool and it was a lot of work getting the ground level but we used a transit level, dug out the high area and hauled in clay dirt to build up the low end and then used sand for the pool floor. Putting up the pool was the easy part and now it's filled, looks great and is less than an inch off, so the extra time we spent on the ground prep was definitely worth it. Now we are ready to purchase a pool cleaner that will work well, not only with an Intex pool but with a pool of this size. We have seriously been considering the Polaris 65/turbo turtle which does appear to get excellent reviews however, when I walked into our local pool (chain) store and inquired about this Polaris, the guy at the store acted puzzled and said he was unfamiliar with that cleaner and then I explained it to him and he suddenly had a vague memory of it and basically said it was antiquated and then proceeded to hand me a brochure for a new robotic cleaner called the Pool Blaster SpeedJet. He said they didn't even have it in stock yet and that it would be arriving in a few days. When I inquired about the price he said it runs about $300.00 and the Polaris turtle online is about $185. I don't mind paying more if the SpeedJet is in fact a better cleaner but I haven't been able to find many reviews on it and the only complaint was that it would occasionally get tangled in the cord. My husbands concern is that it is an electrical motorized devise that may not last as long as the turtle. If anyone has had any experience with either of these pool cleaners, I would appreciate any feedback or
Input you may have. THANKS

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post. Not sure if this was due to our recent web site problems, but I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

I have something similar to an Aquabot robot cleaner. The ability to plug it in and let it go, even if it only lasts a year or two is worth it for me. I got tired of dragging hoses and getting/losing suction. Now , I just plug it in, dump it in the pool, and I walk away. When I come back the pool is clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.