Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex SWG troubles

1. Back To Top    #1

Northern NY

Intex SWG troubles

We've had an intex SWG with great results for the past 3 years or so. This year ours wasn't working and I ordered a new one off amazon. So far it doesn't seem to be working and I'm not sure if it's this particular SWG or something diff with the new ones they are making. I ran it yesterday for 10 hrs and only have .5 chlorine levels. The pool is clear with no signs of algae and we've had the cover on the whole time. The old one I used to run for 3-4 hrs and would have no problems keeping chlorine leveled where they should be.
    This is the model we just bought. : Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System (Discontinued by Manufacturer) : Swimming Pool Chlorine Alternatives : Patio, Lawn Garden

We are leaving for a camping trip now but my plan is to return it after we get back but wanted to check here for help first.
    24' AG - Built July 06
    Sand filter
    2 - 2x20 Solar panels

Can't wait for the warm weather!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: Intex SWG troubles

Was your FC already up where it should be prior to running the SWG?
    The reason I ask is the SWG won't bring your level up to where it should be. However, it will help maintain it if it is already up.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Intex SWG troubles

Clear water does not always mean no algae. If your pool spent some time with FC below minimum level there could definitely be algae in the pool and the SWG will not be able to keep up with it. My pool has been perfectly clear for 3 years and I had algae a few weeks ago that took a week to SLAm and the water stayed clear the whole time.

Raise FC up to 10 ppm with bleach, turn off the SWG and Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) to see if there is organic matter in the pool consuming FC.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach