Water turned green after shock

Angele

Jul 1, 2015
sudbury
Hi All! I am new to this forum. I have a 15' Intex pool that was partially filled with well water and partially with city water. It was brown/green which we figured was because of iron since our outdoor taps are not connected to the iron filter.
After looking online I found a home trick which helped ALOT. Putting pillow stuffing inside a big water jug and hooking that to the return water. It acts as a filter and picks up the iron. It worked wonders in 24hrs.
I brought a water sample to our local pool store and she said to add MSR to remove metals and then 12hrs later to add a shock. To my huge disappointment it turned green again...worse than it was in the beginning.
Help! What do I do now?

Hello and welcome to TFP!

In your situation, I would suggest dumping and going with all city water. It's a lot of trouble and expense to treat a metals pool, and your pool size gives you some flexibility in being able to easily replace all the water.

Hi Angele, welcome! Patrick's idea is probably good, assuming you are in sudbury ontario, your swim season is short i would imagine, so instead of wasting time and money going to the pool store, drain and refill if you can, and while you are doing that, read all of the pool school articles above and become familiar with pool math above. that way you can learn to manage your pool yourself with pride, and less expensively than the pool store. everything you need you can buy at canadian tire or walmart. the only thing that is hard to get in canada is the recommended test kits, the tf-100 or the taylor k-2006. best wishes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.