Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PoolMath ....Iphone app?

1. Back To Top    #1

PoolMath ....Iphone app?

I have been using Poolcalculator looks to be the same as PoolMath? Does it make any difference?

Do any of these have an app for a Iphone? I found (PoolCalc - The Pool Calculator) which looks like it may be the ticket.
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PoolMath ....Iphone app?

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that pool calc is updated anymore and poolmath has more current updates. I use Poolmath in a browser on my phone and tablet.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

PoolMath has some updates, so I would recommend using it instead.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys I will use PoolMath...

As a side note, I saved the webpage PoolMath to my Iphone home page and looks to work ok. The 'Now' inputs do not save, but both 'Now & Taget' save to the Target numbers...
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

5. Back To Top    #5

I use poolmath most of the time, but as recent events can show, there's definitely value in having an app, since it works when TFP (or the internet in general) is down.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

6. Back To Top    #6

Or just save the PoolMath page locally on your computer ... remember those things ... they are like bigger than your phone and have a separate keyboard and monitor and sit on your desk
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Or just save the PoolMath page locally on your computer ... remember those things ... they are like bigger than your phone and have a separate keyboard and monitor and sit on your desk
    Yup got one of those. It works great as a coffee cup holder too....now all I need is a long enough extension cord so I can drag the boat-anchor out by the pool
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

8. Back To Top    #8

Just make sure it is plugged into a GFCI outlet if you take it to the pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    If I save the page, will the formulas going on in the background come with it? I don't know what language it's coded in, some require back-end comms every time there's a calculation to make, making saving the page useless if TFP is down.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes the code will be saved with the page.
    Jason, TFP Moderator