Pump is dead

Catherineb

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2013
Hi,
I came home from work and noticed my pool pump is dead. I think it may be the timer switch but when I set it manually to come on, nothing. We had a lot of rain last night. I had previously shocked the pool and was running the pump for 24 hours and it is 93 degrees today. Is there anything I can check? I've tried manually turning it on and off but it sounds dead to me. No noise at all.

Thanks Danpik. I already checked the breaker box. but I just went back out to turn it off and the motor part is RED HOT. I reckon something is burned out. Is there a chance it may right itself if I leave it off until the morning? I doubt I'll get anyone out before the 4th July to take a look and I have a pool party on Saturday.

Only one way to find out, let it cool and turn it back on again. Maintain your chlorine level with bleach or liquid chlorine and brush the pool to mix it. Aim a little higher then usual. I'd aim for 10 or so, depending on your CYA level. And net out debris with a leaf rake. Do this a couple of times a day and your pool will probably be fine for the weekend.

LOL, thanks Pooldv, thought I was losing my mind. Oh well, as per my earlier post (not here anymore) I am not capable of dismantling the pump etc and therefore I was lucky to get in touch with a pool company who is coming out tomorrow. I think it might be the power switch or the timer dial or the starter compacitor.....I have power everywhere except at that dreaded pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.