Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquacal pool Heater---- Trouble from day 1

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquacal pool Heater---- Trouble from day 1

My Aquacal pool heater is used about 12 weeks out of the year. It was purchased new in 2012. First year the compressor died. Second year worked sporadically. This year the temperature of the heated water is way cooler than it should be....... almost as cool as the unheated pool water. Out of warranty, $95 service visit charge in addition to a $95 per hour maintenance charge. On top of all of this my electric bill has doubled for the year.
    This is my first pool heater.
    Is there a better way?
    JS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquacal pool Heater---- Trouble from day 1

Hello JS and welcome to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about an Aquacal pool heater. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aquacal pool Heater---- Trouble from day 1

Hello Dante,
    Sorry to hear of your problems. Have you spoken with your pool builder about this? Is the unit giving you error codes? If you can email me with your information, I can follow up with our service department to review your files and see what I can do to help out.
    My email is Sean@teamhorner.com, or you can call me at 954-325-3859.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com