Recommended Targets for PoolMath?

Jun 30, 2015
Terry, MS
I am new to the site and have been poking around for a minute or two now and have a question regarding the "PoolMath" tool. I have an 18' x 36' vinyl pool and am attempting to determine the correct "target" values that I should be using in the tool. I was looking around the site for a chart/table that had volume size and target values for vinyl pools but was unable to find one. If this table exists a link would be awesome; if not, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also...

In the last row of the table on PoolMath (yellow) is 'Suggested Goal Levels'. Select which goal levels you want to use (TroubleFreePool.com is obviously recommended...), your primary source of chlorine, and pool surface.

This will change the 'Goal' numbers above the input boxes for each row. It will not, however, change the inputs. It keeps track of your 'Now' numbers and changes the goals accordingly. For example, if you change your 'Now' CYA from 40 to 30, the FC goals will change.

Pretty nifty tool, this PoolMath. If only it could be made into an iPhone app... ;)

Make sure to select at the bottom Troublefree site as the source of the recommendations, it will recalc all the goals. Then when you enter your pool volume, with no commas, in the field at the top for pool size, it will recalc the dosage needed to get from your current levels to those goal levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.