Cloudy Water.....Again

Jun 17, 2015
Cashmere/WA
My water is starting to get cloudy again. 3 weeks ago the water was so cloudy I couldnt see the bottom. I tried to spike the FC with Burnout 75 and it cleared up overnight, but now heading down that road again. I purchased a new test kit, and here are my readings this morning:

SWG
30,000 gal vinyl
CYA 7
FC .1
TC .1
PH 8.5
TA 163
Total Hardness 382
Salt 3400 (on SWG display)

What do you recommend?

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Get your kit opened up and stay out of the pool store. Who cares about your pool the most?.......You or the pool store.

Post up some meaningful numbers from that new kit and we'll get started. Don't worry if your numbers don't match.....they won't

Of course you chlorine is non-existent so be prepared to
SLAM the pool and buy LOTS of bleach.

Also go to your AquaRite display and toggle through the diagnostic readings. Post those here too. Want to ensure your saltwater generator is working properly. My pool only gets cloudy if the SWG stops working for some reason. Multiple reasons for that to happen. Need to find the root cause in addition to clearing up the algae, which it sounds like you have. These guys can help you with the SWG issue and the algae problem. Listen to them. I did and I'm a TFP believer now!

Well a random 24 hour boost would not be one of our recommendations either. Adding bleach is faster.

The TFPC method is really just about understanding your pool’s chemistry and through accurate testing, adding only what the pool NEEDS to keep the water clear and safe.

I used to try to boost with my swg but it is too slow and unpredictable. A gallon of 8.25% bleach gives you an instant 4ppm boost, for 20k pool. So, if you're sitting at 6 or 7 mostly just add a gallon to get you to 10 ppm before a big swim day. I test and add back to 10 right after and then take it back to 10 one more time 2-3 hours later, usually 1/2 gallon or less. That keeps you clear and ready for the next pool party.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.