Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just setup Hydroforce 16' x 48"...is it level enough?

1. Back To Top    #1

Just setup Hydroforce 16' x 48"...is it level enough?

Hello, my daughter decided (well insisted) on spending her birthday money on this pool. We had to do a lot of levelling and well, I'm not quite sure if it is level enough. It seems close, but when I measure maybe about 2" out now that it has settled. What do you pro's think? We dug, tampered, checked with a level (not a laser). This is how we ended up. I am unsure about the far side across from the pump and skimmer. Will try to attach pics, sorry, this is my first post here. Hope this works....and thanks so much for taking a look.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just setup Hydroforce 16' x 48"...is it level enough?

Typically, here at TFP you find the recommended tolerance for leveling is 1 inch. Yours appears to be a bit more than that from the pics. It's certainly your call as to whether or not you chose to drain and re-level, but we have to always be cautious to remind pool owners of safety issues first. "If" that low end ever gave-way due to the additional pressure on that slow side, it would throw a lot of water out at once and could possibly injure anyone nearby. Some people may chose to ride it out for a bit and see if they can make it through the season "as-is", then re-do it next year. But again, it's your call.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, I have measured and it is about 2" out on the one side. Darn it! What a lot of work too, we had roots that had to be removed that were running all under the grass we pulled up that are growing over from the neighbours big hedges.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we see many posts here at TFP where owners have gone through the same thing, so you're certainly not alone. Whether it's leveling, the vinyl had too many wrinkles, moist ground, or a bad support post, etc, many have had to re-do their set-up. Totally understand the disappointment. But again it's your call. All we can do is advise you of the situation. We just want to see pool owners have a safe and enjoyable swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Absolutely! I have three kiddos that will be swimming in it all summer long.

6. Back To Top    #6

Id definitely ride out the season on that. Doesnt look bad at all, mine was worse than that last year, rode it out for the season and this year I re-leveled it and its still not perfect
    16x48 Summer Escapes Pro-Series Above Ground frame pool, 5000 gal, Intex sand filter - Looking for heating solutions for AGPs

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I too had one out of level at first, closer to 3". It eventually collapsed after 3 years, but rust contributed greatly to that too.

You'll make it through the summer, provided it doesn't get any worse. But take it down at the end of the season and level it up right before next year. You'll be glad you did.

Search here for how to build a water level with a couple of yardsticks and a piece of clear plastic hose.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

8. Back To Top    #8

There is zero chance of that pool collapsing. It is close enough. It just doesn't look good.

9. Back To Top    #9

Your border line on the having to redo it. Just keep an eye on it, if it gets worse you will have to fix it. If your lucky, it's settled as much as it will.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.