Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winter pool cover recommendation

1. Back To Top    #1

Winter pool cover recommendation

Any suggestions for brand and where to buy winter cover for abg 24' round pool?
    ABG 24' Filter Cartridge 13,600 Gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winter pool cover recommendation

Hello! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about a winter pool cover. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Winter pool cover recommendation

I used this one last year and it held up well. Amazon.com : Blue Wave 12-ft Round Rugged Mesh Above Ground Pool Winter Cover : Swimming Pool Covers : Patio, Lawn Garden You will also want to get 3 or 4 large inner tubes to use as floats under the cover. I tied the tubes together with a little slack and tied them to the sides of the pool to keep them centered, then put the cover over the top. The mesh will allow rainwater and snow melt to drain through, and the innertubes will prevent the cover from sinking to the bottom
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter