Results from first test..

13.5 ppm FC
    0 CC stayed clear
    500ppm CH
    130 TA
    72 CYA
    7.5 PH
    5-10 CL BR

I know my TA is high, I need to add acid I think and run pump with waterfall.

FC is a bit high, but not much I can do.

Seems I need to flush some water.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Western Chicago Area, IL

Re: Results from first test..

Are you running a SWG?
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sarasota, FL

your numbers look good. don't interpolate CYA, if you are over 70...then assume 80 as your CYA. the recommend FC level for that is 9 and you are at 13. nothing wrong with that, and it will come down in a few days. your absolute minimum FC is 6. don't EVER let it go below that.

don't worry about TA, it only affects pH. if your pH gets high (7.8) then add acid to lower it back down to 7.2 or so. this process will lower your TA and your pH will stabilize. only thing you have to watch is pH. how quickly is your pH rising??? if not super fast, no worries.

is this a freshwater or saltwater pool? update your profile to add your pool info to the signature.

also, which test did you use? put that in your signature as well
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

4. Back To Top    #4
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

You can update yor profile location that goes under your member username through "Settings". In addition, you can modify your signature with the type or pool and equipment you have. To add your pool info to your signature, do so by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!