Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy LX 250. AGS error

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy LX 250. AGS error

Hello from Ontario Canada. I have a Jandy LX250. It try's to fire up but stops before heating and flashes "Service AGS". The furnace has been running for about a month with no problems. The only thing that I can think of that has been different is that we have had an ark fall of rain. I have tried t The furnace has been running for about a month with no problems. The only thing that I can think of that has been different is that we have had an ark fall of rain double shooting some things so far but nothing has jumped out defective. School is outů Bad timing for no pool! Any help would be appreciated thank you. I'm heating an 80,500L salt water pool with a Zodiac duoClear 130 system.
    Last edited by simpro; 06-30-2015 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Addition

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy LX 250. AGS error

Hello and welcome to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about the AGS error. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Make sure all of your burner tubes are free from spider webs etc. You should also make sure the same for the orifices. Also check all of your wiring to make sure that over the winter nothing chewed on them.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Thx for the reply. I had it apart down to but not including the burner tubes. We've had a bout of real wet weather?!?! I will inspect for spiders...I have to check the fusible link but also thought maybe ignito r yet it read 80 ohms or so. Funny thatv'it just stopped running'!?

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi. I looked deeper. I pulled the burner tray and WOW what a mess of black powder! Carbon?? Anyways I visually checked the igniter and then foolishly touched it (to see if it was solid) and ouch....shock! Weird-should only have been warm not energized. I look closed and found the wire shorted against the frame. I'm in the process of replacing it and we'll see from there....

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Sounds like the unit is sooted up if you see "black powder." You need to clean it out. Possibly the heat exchanger is sooted as well.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

7. Back To Top    #7

Ok. Rewired ignitor. All cleaned up. Ready for reinstall when...... Wait for it..... I tapped the ignitor against the table saw in my way to reinstalling it!!!! Waiting on a new ignitor now $80.00 oopsy

8. Back To Top    #8

All re-re-installed and......... Nothing!!! Someone suggested Ign. Module?! $340?!

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

So you are not getting any power to the ignitor?
    Paul