Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Zodiac MX8

1. Back To Top    #1

Zodiac MX8

We inherited this unit from a home bought in Solana Beach. The cleaner was not performing well in that small pool (9500 gallons inground plaster) so I swapped it out with the Navigator classic which loves that pool.

The MX8 needed a bit of tuneup so I replaced the gears, the treads and the two-prong snap collar. Everything was working fine in its new home, a 12,000 gallon plaster freeform in ground. Until about a month ago...

Now the little bugger wants to go to one spot and "make love" to the corner of the step. Every time I come and look he's over there doing nasty things to that corner. Now, you may say, he just needs some love and attention. Well, he's gotten it. I've pulled him apart numerous times to verify condition and operation and everything operated normally. But within a hour or so of pulling him back to the deep end, he's back on that corner like a crackhead to a glass pipe.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CcS...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iEe...ew?usp=sharing

Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Zodiac MX8

I wish I had a suggestion, but I'm a robot kind of guy...

But, Welcome to TFP!!

I'm sure someone will be by shortly
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

move the float up the hose about 6", his will tend to lift the cleaner forward which should give you some better grip.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, I'll try it. I got so frustrated that I threw a large round rock near that corner and that seemed to work for a couple days. Then it decided to start "making love" to the rock! Grrrrr.