lynngmarshall-new above ground pool owner

Hello! I'm Lynn and we just purchased a home with a 24' round above ground pool in Rockingham, NC about a month ago. We were going to get rid of the pool after we seen the black water in the pool and the amount of tadpoles/frogs! I came across Trouble Free Pool and decided to see what I could do, especially since the pool is only a few years old and is in great condition. I'm still working on clearing/shocking the water, but compared to what it was, it looks great! I'm so glad that I found this site!

I have been working on the SLAM process and it looks better, but still some cloudiness. I haven't been able to monitor as much during the day and it's been extremely hot here. I see some little improvements everyday & I can now see the fourth step at the bottom of the pool! I was trying to get my CYA up from zero & I think I am a little high now, as it is measuring between 60-70. So I'm having to up my slamming levels! So much to learn, but so thankful for this website!

I'm using the TF-100. I have only been testing the FC & CYA levels so far. This morning my FC was 18 and my CYA was 60-70. I have added the bleach recommended on "poolmath" and going to trying to keep my FC at 28. Should I be testing the other levels also during the slamming process? If so, I can get those levels and post them after I finish painting. I didn't have the test kit in the beginning & probably should have waiting on my slamming process. :)

The SLAM process will work. If you replaced some water to lower the CYA, you would just have have to maintain as high of a FC level. But over the course of the SLAM process, you should use a similar amount of bleach either way.