East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My iAqualink (version1) is hardwired through a router, so not a wifi issue. Periodically, the iAqualink says "service mode" while my touch panels work fine (and Jandy is not in service mode). The device status button says offline too ("service mode" comes when you try to connect). The problem is fixed by pressing the reset button on the Jandy power center, but this cannot be done remotely. Been hard to say what brings this problem on - it will happen a few times over a short period, then be fine for 4 weeks at a time. Any ideas what could be going on? Second time in 4 days I have had this issue, and I am no where near the reset button now.

I have the iAqualink v2 and only saw the Service Mode once, but it was b/c the pool company accidentally left the pool in service mode. Perhaps a quick call to Zodiac @ 800-822-7933 would be helpful.

I have the iAqualink v2 and only saw the Service Mode once, but it was b/c the pool company accidentally left the pool in service mode. Perhaps a quick call to Zodiac @ 800-822-7933 would be helpful.

I tried emailing them. I had same issue last year and Zodiac was NOT able to help. Fortunately it went away fro 12 months or so, but now is back. All Zodiac suggested was some kind of communications lag. I suppose when the unit went to Service Mode, it never registered to the iAqualink that it was back in Auto.

I still would like to know (a) why this happens and how I can prevent in the future and (b) if there is another way to reset without physically being at the equipment

When you put the system into service mode, the remote is, in effect, being turned off or removed from the system. When you get that on your remote, it means you have no data either wireless-ly or wired BUT you still have power, just no comm. Check the connections AND the wire itself between components. Or in the case of wireless (not wifi) check connections to the transmitter and try to get line of sight between the transceivers. Coverage can change through, say trees, shrubs, anything living. Compared to a solid (wood, brick, etc.) wall.

To add to my description of the situation, when system is running in auto but iAqualink is saying service, it will periodically display settings as if the STATUS button were place. It gives me the "Equipment Status" - AquaPure settings alternating with "Service Mode - No Operations Allowed Here". Again, this is wired system, and it is cleared up by resetting at the main board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.