Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump and SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Melrose NM

Pump and SWG

Ok, I'm feeling somewhat dumb at this point. Just put up a 26' vinyl pool about a week ago and we have it full and have been in it a few times. I have been checking my numbers and they seem to be where they should be. My question is I am wanting to get my SWG and my pump both on a timed schedule. I have seen several posts about the and I see something about percentage. Is that the percentage you would run the SWG with the pump? I know I have to run the pump when the SWG is running but I'm just not sure what this percentage is I keep seeing. Sorry for the silly question and thanks in advance..

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lakeland, FL

Re: Pump and SWG

Run the SWCG at 100%. Determine your run time. Then either adjust your SWCG % down or increase your pump run. Usually the SWCG output will determine your pump run time. Another way of saying it that the SWCG can't create enough chlorine in the normal pump run time, so you'll need to increase the pump run time to give the SWCG time to create enough chlorine.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida