Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Valve control without pump activity

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Valve control without pump activity

I am trying to turn a valve but not control any pump speeds or have to use the pump at all.

If i want the valve to be Open from 3pm (pump shuts off at 4) and then closed at 10Am (pump starts at 930). Is there a way to not have to pick a speed for the pump? it doesn't require a pump. I just want to control the valve.

Do i have to hook it to an aux relay?
    13000, AG, Plaster, Pentair equipment pump salt, automation, 3hp pump, 11 years old, TF-100 test kit, city water, pool cleaner vac, South Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Valve control without pump activity

What specific automation system do you have? If you have an EasyTouch you should have 4 valve outputs. Two are kind-of preset to specific functions, the other two are user defined. So it would be important to know if you currently have any automated valves, and if so, how many, and what do they do. Is the valve you want to control already automated, and you just want to change how it works, or will you be adding a new valve/servo?

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have an easy touch 8 with screen logic 2. only have 2 valve actuators and this is one of them. Neither of the 2 have pump speed requirements. but this one seems to have to have a pump speed assigned to leave it on til the next day.

In the screen logic config it says
    load center 1 > valve A
    load center 2 > valve B

and assigned them circuits to the valves.
    I did not choose requires high speed pump.

thanks!
    13000, AG, Plaster, Pentair equipment pump salt, automation, 3hp pump, 11 years old, TF-100 test kit, city water, pool cleaner vac, South Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

I had to call the support number. They removed the feature from the intelliflo configuration to reflect no pump speed but I can still use it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Just so I understand.. The valve you want to control is already connected to your EasyTouch and works, just not the way you want. What does the valve do now, and what would you like the valve to do. Sorry for all the questions, but I need to understand how your current system is configured before I can suggest how to change it.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.