Baracuda G3 diaphragm replacement - quality, vendor...

snoopy42

Silver Supporter
May 12, 2014
Pearland, TX (Houston area)
After 4 years with no problems, my Baracuda G3 stopped moving. I pulled the diaphragm out, and sure enough it has a couple small tears. My question is, how do I compare the quality of the various replacements, and what's the best source? Leslie's wants $47 for what I assume is a Zodiac-produced OEM replacement. Amazon has a dozen different replacements...some clear, some yellow, some white...ranging from $7.50 to $26. How do I determine which ones are truly the "long life" replacements, which ones are decent quality, and which vendors are reputable? (All of the Amazon reviews are 4+ stars, so they don't provide a differentiating factor.) Will the OEM really last 2-7 times longer than the Amazon versions?

Thanks,
Tom

a few years ago the patents on the baracuda ran out and this created a flood of generic parts onto the market, mostly from china. The Zodiac replacement ones have their logo stamped on the side and from what i have been told their manufacturing process has not changed only the colour. if you choose another brand just make sure it is still flexible in cold & hot water as the stiffness will need extra suction to make the diaphragm "snap" correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.