AutoPilot Low Amps/Cell & Check Clean Cell

Renshi

Jun 29, 2015
Lexington/SC
Ok so I have an AutoPilot RC 35/22 and I started getting a Check/Clean Cell message. So I bought the Muriatic acid and did the 80% water 20% acid thing for 20 minutes which did clean off the small amount of build up I noticed. So now it seems to rotate between the Check Clean Cell and Low Amps/Cell? message randomly. It is an 19000 gallon in ground. Attaching a pic of the info needed I think. I'm not sure what the amps and volts should be to begin with. I apparently need to add 31 lbs of salt according to the test menu. So will just adding salt fix the issue? I have been reading the salt levels can change the voltage levels etc. Any direction here on trouble shooting would be helpful and appreciated. I don't want to just throw $250 at a new cell and hope that fixes the problem if it could be something else.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SaltCell.jpg
    SaltCell.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 21
  • SaltCell.jpg
    SaltCell.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 40
Do "view setup" to see what that says. Test the salt with a k-1766 salt test or a good salt meter.
Also, check the dc cell power cord.

How old is the cell?

If you do need to replace the cell, I would recommend getting the RC-52.

Re: AutoPilot Low Amps/Cell & Check Clean Cell

Ok view setup shows the following.
Software V4.4
Cell = SC-36
Power level 2
One speed pump
19,000 Gallons
Reverse = 4 hours
Salt Adjust +18%

This shed any light? I have a neighbor with the exact same system so I can swap out the cable with his and see if that caused the low amp light to go away. That will at least allow me to eliminate that possibility.

Why the RC-52? It seems to be about twice the price so I am sure it does something better I just have no idea what. Forgive my ignorance.
attachment.php

Thanks for the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention the system is beginning it's third year (3rd summer).

Attachments

• salt-cells.JPG
    salt-cells.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 38
Because we recommend sizing the SWG cell for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool. The cell you have now is on the small side. A larger cell should last longer and make the higher cost worthwhile.

Although for the price difference, I might just get the RC-42 which has a higher output than the Hayward that I have. The RC-52 might be a bit of over-kill.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Add my pool details to my sig. I ordered the exact replacement SWG this time around because I needed it a couple days before the July 4th party. Next time it goes out I will move up a model I think. Thank you both for all the help and answers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.