easyset pro skimmer sfs2000 collapsed

May 27, 2015
raytown,mo
I upgraded my pump to a 1 up and installed a unicel c-4607 filter for the first day of the new pump install. Only to come back the next day and find that the filter had clogged with fine particulates the previous intex filters left behind, and the subsequent increased suction pressure had collapsed the skimmer basket so much that it popped off the lid. I pushed the basket back out enough after finally getting the lodged filter out so now it can accept new filters. The problem is now the collapsed walls block the filter along most of the media (new inner diameter is not round, more of an inflated triangle.
The ideas I need from this awesome brain trust: anyway to stiffen the walls with some ready made rings or something.... Or a replacement skimmer basket (thicker walled) that still accepts the same cartridges, the only ones I'm seeing don't offer cartridge filtration.

I have a SWG so I don't want to waste the salt doing backwashes.(if I just upgrade to a sand filter) And I want to explore your ideas before purchasing a larger stand alone cartridge system.
Thanks.

Hello and welcome to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about the easyset pro skimmer. We've been battling some web issues recently. :brickwall: I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

what filter is it not the replacment but the actual filter? we have no idea what pump and filter you have so no way to know how to fix it...

is it like this?
intex-krystal-clear-cartridge-filter-pump.jpg

or this?
intex-filter-pump-accessories.jpg

I have the same problem with my SFS1000 cannister. However, Im able to push the walls back to almost perfect round and be usable, but it has happened on a couple occassions while vacuuming. I thought of making some inner rings to maintain shape, but since it only happens during vacuuming i just left it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.