Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: easyset pro skimmer sfs2000 collapsed

1. Back To Top    #1

easyset pro skimmer sfs2000 collapsed

I upgraded my pump to a 1 up and installed a unicel c-4607 filter for the first day of the new pump install. Only to come back the next day and find that the filter had clogged with fine particulates the previous intex filters left behind, and the subsequent increased suction pressure had collapsed the skimmer basket so much that it popped off the lid. I pushed the basket back out enough after finally getting the lodged filter out so now it can accept new filters. The problem is now the collapsed walls block the filter along most of the media (new inner diameter is not round, more of an inflated triangle.
    The ideas I need from this awesome brain trust: anyway to stiffen the walls with some ready made rings or something.... Or a replacement skimmer basket (thicker walled) that still accepts the same cartridges, the only ones I'm seeing don't offer cartridge filtration.

I have a SWG so I don't want to waste the salt doing backwashes.(if I just upgrade to a sand filter) And I want to explore your ideas before purchasing a larger stand alone cartridge system.
    Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: easyset pro skimmer sfs2000 collapsed

Hello and welcome to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about the easyset pro skimmer. We've been battling some web issues recently. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi, welcome to TFP! Can you post a picture of the problem with the skimmer?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

what filter is it not the replacment but the actual filter? we have no idea what pump and filter you have so no way to know how to fix it...

is it like this?
    intex-krystal-clear-cartridge-filter-pump.jpg

or this?
    intex-filter-pump-accessories.jpg
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

I did an image search for sfs2000 and this is it.
    http://www.qualitytrading.com/media/...s-sfs-1500.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

I have the same problem with my SFS1000 cannister. However, Im able to push the walls back to almost perfect round and be usable, but it has happened on a couple occassions while vacuuming. I thought of making some inner rings to maintain shape, but since it only happens during vacuuming i just left it.
    16x48 Summer Escapes Pro-Series Above Ground frame pool, 5000 gal, Intex sand filter - Looking for heating solutions for AGPs

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by chrislaubach View Post
    I did an image search for sfs2000 and this is it.
    http://www.qualitytrading.com/media/...s-sfs-1500.jpg
    What pump did you upgrade to? Or, are you using the black pump it came with like in the picture.
    Summer Escapes 15ft x 42in.

8. Back To Top    #8

I have a Hayward 1 hp , my pool is 7000 gallon