This is my first post and would love any suggestions, ideas, or comments. I tend to be "wordy" and give way too much information when I tell a story so in an attempt to not do that, I will do my best to keep it short by using bullet points to explain the issues and my questions. I am also attaching pictures (probably too many, lol). I have spent countless hours researching to determine possible options before I ask for estimates. I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall so I would love to hear your suggestions and ideas!
The Issues (7-year-old Pool/Spa with salt water system):
- Concrete edges around the spa and few parts around pool are crumbling away (from the salt water or from poor concrete construction - or both ???)
- Pebble bottom has spots that look "faded"
- Natural rock above tile has faded.
- Pool seems to have a leak.
- Pool lights no longer work (electrical issue).
- Is it possible to cut and remove the concrete edging on the pool and replace with another type of coping (rock, etc.)? (I'm sure the entire spa concrete will need to be completely redone.)
- Is it possible to have the pebble finish resprayed or something -- or would it be necessary to remove existing finish and apply a new finish?
- How are leaks found? A friend noticed that our skimmer (I think that's what it's called) was installed crocked and suggested it may have a crack. Could that be possibly be the problem?
- We don't particularly like the way our deck looks. So if it's possible to remove the pool edges and replace with coping, we are considering having the existing deck resurfaced to give it a "facelift". I've seen a few techniques, products, etc. online but not sure what would work, which is best, who is best, etc? Any suggestions, comments or ideas?
Other Things to Consider:
- Our existing patio area which is adjacent to our pool deck is gross - was not redone when pool was constructed (too much $$$). Hoping to have this area resurfaced. There are about 7 sections of concrete in this area - not all the same finish, color, etc. and I'm sure there are some repairs that would need to be made. I'm hoping to find someone who can creatively redesign and resurface this area to avoid tearing out the concrete and starting over. Again, does anyone have input about concrete resurfacing?
As you may have guessed, we are doing our homework to explore options and spend our dollars wisely! Again, I appreciate your input. Thank you! ~ Anita
P.S. I've tried for several hours today to get this to post and to upload pictures. I'm hoping this post goes through but I'm not going to be able to attempt the picture uploads right now. I will come back later or tomorrow morning to see if the site is fixed so I can upload the pics. Thanks.