How long until FC shows up?

Hey all, so I'm slowly making the transition from trichlor tabs over to bleach. There was heavy rain the past couple of days and now the pool is very cloudy. Tested the water today and there was 0 FC although there were two trichlor pucks in the skimmer.

30-35k gallons
Plaster
FC- 0
pH-7.5
TA-160
CH- 300
CYA- 60

At one point when I tested about two weeks ago the CYA reading I got was around 70-80 but I think the heavy rainfall helped lower that a bit. I used poolmath and added 242 fl oz of 8.25% Clorox bleach into the pool making sure to poor slowly in front of the water jet. This was about 3 hours ago. My question is how long should it take to raise the FC from 0 (or close to 0) to around 6-7? I just tested for FC again and the reading is still at 0. Thanks!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

You should be able to retest at least 30 minutes after you added the bleach.
If you have a CYA of 60ppm and the FC dropped back to 0 in 3 hours, then you must have something in the water consuming the FC and likely need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process.

What test kit do you have?
Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

You should be able to retest at least 30 minutes after you added the bleach.
If you have a CYA of 60ppm and the FC dropped back to 0 in 3 hours, then you must have something in the water consuming the FC and likely need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process.

What test kit do you have?
Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm using the TF 100 test kit. I tested for FC about an hour after as well and it was still reading zero. I'll look into slam. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.