Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pump failed need help ASAP

1. Back To Top    #1
    Macomb mi

New pump failed need help ASAP

I just purchased a new EchoStar pump. Took it out of the box and found out that one of the wires internally are ripped. I called Hayward and they are overnighting me a pump for my system . The pump won't get here till tomorrow or Wednesday the earliest before I took the pump out I disassembled the plumbing for the pool

should I try to attach my old pump or should I wait for the two days when the new pump gets in

what should I try to do????
    FYI. My water is in very good condition
    Chris- Macomb, Michigan 20,000 gallon pool IGP. 16 x 32 Hayward Ecostar pump. Hayward 24 inch sand filter with Zeo sand. Hayward Aqua plus P4 automation board with T-15 turbo cell. Hayward H150 heater millivolts style. Polaris 9300 robot vacuum. New maytronics titain plus vacuum cleaner Test kits TF-100 and color Q7 TEST KIT.

2. Back To Top    #2

Manassas Park, VA

Re: New pump failed need help ASAP

The best thing to do would be to brush your pool a couple times per day, this should be sufficient to circulate the water and mix any chemicals that you add.
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Plumb in the busted pump in the meantime so when you get the new one you can drop it right in.
    Ecostar has unions so should be a 5 minute install once plumbing is set.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

Just maintain the FC with bleach and use a brush to thoroughly mix it in. I would not worry about hooking up the old pump.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!